Appalachia Mission Trip
IMPACTING FOR CHRIST
July 2 - 8, 2016
The 2016 Appalachia Mission will mark the 37th year of God’s grace being spread in the Appalachian Mountains. During this one week mission trip the gospel will be shared with children living in a region where it is often neglected or perverted.
Young people will give of themselves creatively and enthusiastically, often sacrificing sleep and comfort for the privilege of having Jesus love children through them, and children will come to know Christ as their Savior. Through this ministry, hundreds of young people have served and thousands of children have received at least a hug in the name of Christ. This year the mission continues.
James McManus grew up in Sumter, SC. He came to a saving faith in Jesus Christ during his sophomore year in high school, but didn’t fully understand what it meant to faithfully live the Christian faith until college. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC, and a Master of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, NC. During college, he was active with Reformed University Fellowship (RUF). While in seminary, James served as the Pastoral Intern at Olivet Presbyterian Church in McConnells, SC for seven years (1999-2006). After graduating seminary, he was called to be the Associate Pastor of Youth and Families at White Oak ARP in Senoia, GA, where he served for six years (2006-2012). He now serves as pastor of Bethel ARP in Winnsboro, SC.
James met his wife, Beth, through RUF at Winthrop. They have two daughters, Maggie and Hannah. In his free time, James enjoys reading, music, sports and spending time with his family. He has participated in several Appalachia mission trips and is excited about being the speaker for this year.
Andrew DiIullio grew up in a military family, traveling all over the United States and Europe. In these travels he discovered a love for music and began leading worship at his youth group and then in the evening worship service and at other events. More recently, Andrew and his wife, Katie, have settled in Columbia, SC, where Andrew is the Director of the Worship Ensemble and an Assistant Director of Youth Ministries at First Presbyterian Church.
4 - 7 years: $125.00
8 - 10 years: $220.00
○ $25 late fee added per person after April 18, 2016.
○ $80 registration fee due to CEM before April 18, 2016. This is non-refundable and cannot be transferred in between conferences.
○ Participants 11 years and older must pay full price.
○ $35 extra per person to stay through Friday night.
2016 WORSHIP LEADER
In order to promote respect for ourselves and for the opposite sex, clear guidelines with regards to dress have been established for summer conferences. Please review these guidelines as you prepare your children for the conference and pack accordingly.
○ Shirts should touch the waistline of shorts/pants/skirts and should cover the stomach and back. Furthermore, shorts should not be tight or low cut. There should be no exposure of cleavage or undergarments (this includes boxer shorts).
○ Bathing suits must be modest.
○ Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than fingertip length (when a person is standing up straight with the arms hanging straight down, their fingertips should be touching their shorts/skirts).
○ Clothing should not display sexually suggestive or offensive pictures or words.
○ Modesty is the key! Respect the conference staff’s decisions concerning the appropriateness of your attire.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own for you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor
God with your body.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“But among you there must not be even a hint of sexually immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for
God’s holy people.”
For more information please contact Christian Education Ministries (CEM) at: 864.233.2491 | 1 Cleveland St Suite 210 Greenville SC 29607
Or contact Director Rev. Bob Elliot at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 803.366.5577
○ Modest Clothes
○ Sleeping bags/sheets, pillows, towel, and washcloth
○ Toiletries: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant
○ Towels, Washcloths, and Shower Curtains
○ Jacket and Rain Jacket
○ Closed-toed Shoes
For Evening Sessions:
○ Bible, Pen, and Notebook
○ Teaching Materials (Bible, VBS Packets, etc)
○ Recreation Equipment (Balls, Jump Ropes, Parachute, Chalk etc)
○ Decoration Materials (Balloons, Streamers, VBS Props, Posters, Table Cloths, etc)
○ Canvassing Materials (Candy Bags, Flyers, Other Goodies, etc)
○ Snack Materials (Water, Juice, Crackers, Cookies, etc)
WHAT TO BRING