Appalachia Mission Trip
IMPACTING FOR CHRIST
July 4 - 10, 2015
The 2015 Appalachia Mission will mark the 34th year of God’s grace being spread in the Appalachian Mountains. During this one week mission trip the gospel will be shared with children living in a region where it is often neglected or perverted.
Young people will give of themselves creatively and enthusiastically, often sacrificing sleep and comfort for the privilege of having Jesus love children through them, and children will come to know Christ as their Savior. Through this ministry, hundreds of young people have served and thousands of children have received at least a hug in the name of Christ. This year the mission continues.
Mike Jones is the new executive director of Outreach North America. After receiving his M.Div. from Erskine Seminary he ministered at the University of Tennessee through the Presbyterian Campus Ministry and he served as the Pastor of Worship at Hope EPC in Memphis. He also planted and pastored Hope ARP in the Tampa, FL area for 15 years prior to his new position. He is married to Gina and they have three children: Roman, Christian and Anna Grace. They currently live in Greenville, SC.
In addition to speaking, Mike Jones will be leading worship for the week. As described by the ONA board chairman, Mike is "a professional musician and is one of the most “heard but not heard” guitarists in history! In his younger years, he traveled the world backing some very famous artists. He also recorded the music for TV and radio jingles. So, if you’ve ever heard “you deserve a break today, so get up and get away to McDonalds,” you’ve heard Mike! Mike plays jazz and blues guitar but also plays a mean bluegrass banjo and uses his music in church planting, outreach and in leading worship. Last summer, he led his church worship team on a mission tour of Brazil where they were received very warmly. When he was there, he was recognized as the best banjo player in that part of Brazil… he was also the only banjo player in that part of Brazil!"
$276 per person
4 - 7 years: $100
8 - 10 years: $200
○ $25 late fee added per person after April 17, 2015.
○ $80 registration fee due to CEM before April 17, 2015. This is non-refundable and cannot be transferred in between conferences.
○ Participants 11 years and older must pay full price.
○ $39 extra per person to stay through Friday night.
2015 WORSHIP LEADER
In order to promote respect for ourselves and for the opposite sex, clear guidelines with regards to dress have been established for summer conferences. Please review these guidelines as you prepare your children for the conference and pack accordingly.
○ Shirts should touch the waistline of shorts/pants/skirts and should cover the stomach and back. Furthermore, shorts should not be tight or low cut. There should be no exposure of cleavage or undergarments (this includes boxer shorts).
○ Bathing suits must be modest.
○ Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than fingertip length (when a person is standing up straight with the arms hanging straight down, their fingertips should be touching their shorts/skirts).
○ Clothing should not display sexually suggestive or offensive pictures or words.
○ Modesty is the key! Respect the conference staff’s decisions concerning the appropriateness of your attire.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own for you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor
God with your body.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“But among you there must not be even a hint of sexually immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for
God’s holy people.”
For more information please contact Christian Education Ministries (CEM) at: 864.233.2491 | 1 Cleveland St Suite 210 Greenville SC 29607
Or contact Director Rev. Bob Elliot at:
email@example.com | 803.366.5577
○ Modest Clothes
○ Sleeping bags/sheets, pillows, towel, and washcloth
○ Toiletries: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant
○ Towels, Washcloths, and Shower Curtains
○ Jacket and Rain Jacket
○ Closed-toed Shoes
For Evening Sessions:
○ Bible, Pen, and Notebook
○ Teaching Materials (Bible, VBS Packets, etc)
○ Recreation Equipment (Balls, Jump Ropes, Parachute, Chalk etc)
○ Decoration Materials (Balloons, Streamers, VBS Props, Posters, Table Cloths, etc)
○ Canvassing Materials (Candy Bags, Flyers, Other Goodies, etc)
○ Snack Materials (Water, Juice, Crackers, Cookies, etc)
WHAT TO BRING