Appalachia Mission Trip
IMPACTING FOR CHRIST
July 5 - 11, 2014
The 2014 Appalachia Mission will mark the 33rd year of God’s grace being spread in the Appalachian Mountains. During this one week mission trip the gospel will be shared with children living in a region where it is often neglected or perverted.
Young people will give of themselves creatively and enthusiastically, often sacrificing sleep and comfort for the privilege of having Jesus love children through them, and children will come to know Christ as their Savior. Through this ministry, hundreds of young people have served and thousands of children have received at least a hug in the name of Christ. This year the mission continues.
DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION PACKET
Mark Miller is pastor of Shiloh ARP Church in Lancaster, SC. He also works with Child Evangelism Fellowship, teaching at an after-school Good News Club. He is married to Anna, an Associate Probate Judge in Lancaster. They have a one-year-old daughter, Mary Siobhan, and a son who is due to arrive in March. Mark's grandmother lives with them, as well. Mark has been coming to Appalachia since 2005.
Brian and Laura Howard have been part of the Effingham ARP church since 2008, when Brian was called as pastor. Brian is a recent Doctor of Ministry graduate from Erskine Seminary's Institute for Reformed Worship. Brian and Laura met in the music program at Erskine College, and have served in a variety of worship environments. Brian's Psalms project, "Tears in Your Bottle" is available as a free download at www.BrianLHoward.Bandcamp.com. Brian and Laura can usually be found with their son Harrison at the YMCA or a Cub Scout meeting.
$260 per person
4 - 7 years: $100
8 - 10 years: $200
○ $25 late fee added per person after April 18, 2014.
○ $80 deposit due to CEM before May 16, 2014. This deposit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred in between conferences.
○ Participants 11 years and older must pay full price.
○ $35 extra per person to stay through Saturday.
In order to promote respect for ourselves and for the opposite sex, clear guidelines with regards to dress have been established for summer conferences. Please review these guidelines as you prepare your children for the conference and pack accordingly.
○ Shirts should touch the waistline of shorts/pants/skirts and should cover the stomach and back. Furthermore, shorts should not be tight or low cut. There should be no exposure of cleavage or undergarments (this includes boxer shorts).
○ Bathing suits must be modest.
○ Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than fingertip length (when a person is standing up straight with the arms hanging straight down, their fingertips should be touching their shorts/skirts).
○ Clothing should not display sexually suggestive or offensive pictures or words.
○ Modesty is the key! Respect the conference staff’s decisions concerning the appropriateness of your attire.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own for you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor
God with your body.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“But among you there must not be even a hint of sexually immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for
God’s holy people.”
For more information please contact Christian Education Ministries (CEM) at: 864.233.2491 | 1 Cleveland St Suite 210 Greenville SC 29607
Or contact Director Rev. Bob Elliot at:
email@example.com | 803.366.5577
○ Modest Clothes
○ Sleeping bags/sheets, pillows, towel, and washcloth
○ Toiletries: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant
○ Towels, Washcloths, and Shower Curtains
○ Jacket and Rain Jacket
○ Closed-toed Shoes
For Evening Sessions:
○ Bible, Pen, and Notebook
○ Teaching Materials (Bible, VBS Packets, etc)
○ Recreation Equipment (Balls, Jump Ropes, Parachute, Chalk etc)
○ Decoration Materials (Balloons, Streamers, VBS Props, Posters, Table Cloths, etc)
○ Canvassing Materials (Candy Bags, Flyers, Other Goodies, etc)
○ Snack Materials (Water, Juice, Crackers, Cookies, etc)
WHAT TO BRING