Horizon High School Conference
EQUIPPING YOUNG PEOPLE
June 15 - 20, 2015
Horizon is a week-long high school conference that offers great opportunity for spiritual growth and development, fellowship, and teaching on pertinent information from God's Word. Our goal is to send young people out into their world, spiritually nurtured, fed, and equipped to live out their faith and share it with those around them.
Mark McDowell joined the staff of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, SC, in August 2012. A native of Belfast, Northern Ireland, he is also a graduate of Reformed Theological Seminary and the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Mark is married to Monica, and they have three sons: Nicholas, Cameron, and Patrick. In his spare time, he watches the greatest sport ever played - that’s right, real football. He follows Manchester United with a passion that some might describe as weird. More than that though, Mark loves Jesus and deeply desires to see others, along with himself, grow in grace and love for our Triune God.
Brandon Auten is on staff at Crossings Community Church in the northeast of Columbia, SC. He leads worship and the young couples ministry. Brandon's love for music began as a teenager and developed further throughout college and in his current job as worship leader.
We are excited that, for the third year in a row, Brandon and his team will lead worship for both Horizon and Quest! They have been and continue to be a blessing to these conferences.
$115 per person
○ $25 late fee added per person after May 16, 2014.
○ Registrations are non-refundable and cannot be transferred in between conferences.
2015 WORSHIP LEADER
In order to promote respect for ourselves and for the opposite sex, clear guidelines with regards to dress have been established for summer conferences. Please review these guidelines as you prepare your children for the conference and pack accordingly.
○ Shirts should touch the waistline of shorts/pants/skirts and should cover the stomach and back. Furthermore, shorts should not be tight or low cut. There should be no exposure of cleavage or undergarments (this includes boxer shorts).
○ Bathing suits must be modest.
○ Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than fingertip length (when a person is standing up straight with the arms hanging straight down, their fingertips should be touching their shorts/skirts).
○ Clothing should not display sexually suggestive or offensive pictures or words.
○ Modesty is the key! Respect the conference staff’s decisions concerning the appropriateness of your attire.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own for you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor
God with your body.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“But among you there must not be even a hint of sexually immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper
for God’s holy people.”
○ Students are expected to attend all scheduled activities.
○ Cell phones are not to be used during the large group session.
○ Students are not to leave their place of residence after “Lights out!”
○ Male and female students are not to be alone with one another (no making “purple”).
○ Profanity, hurtful practical jokes, and disrespect of others are prohibited.
○ Personal cleanliness is encouraged.
What To Bring:
○ Modest Clothes
○ Sleeping bags/sheets, pillows, towel, and washcloth
○ Toiletries: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant
○ Bible and pen
○ 1 Set of old clothes for the Sludge War
○ 1 Set of 100% cotton clothing for the Color Run
○ Extra pair of old, closed-toe shoes
○ For Caving: long pants, tennis shoes/boots, long-sleeved shirt, flashlight
○ For Paintball: long pants, extra layers of clothing, lace-up shoes
○ For Ropes Activities: lace-up shoes
○ For Tie-Dye: 100% cotton clothing
What NOT To Bring:
WHAT NOT/TO BRING